Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bunks and Blitz

The first team that I experienced from New Hope, MN left bright and early this morning. They were a great group of people who worked hard and loved the Lord. While they were here we pounded out 12 bunk beds for one of the orphanages and started building a retaining wall for Maxo's new community school. We also pounded off a lot of Dutch Blitz, a speed card game. I'm getting tutored in Creole by a kid named Leley and his friend Bilson and they are very cool guys and I'm excited for the relationship that will grow. Along with them I have had the opportunity to talk and begin to get to know and pray with some Haitian people. Gregor is one and He could use some prayer. He got kicked out of school because of his lack of funds and his family life is pretty rough. The people here are amazing, and many of them are filled with a joy that I can only explain by saying Christ. They are very open and freindly and I love the interaction with them. As the bugs continue to crawl please continue to pray for Haiti and the people here. God we praise, all the glory to His awesome name.

No comments:

Post a Comment