Saturday, June 4, 2011

Take off!

Through prayer, support, and the awesome power of our Lord I took off for a 2 month stay in Haiti today! It was my first time on a plane, and really my first time out of the country. I was a bit nervous, but through lots of prayer and a reliance on God I made it safely to my destination in Gressier, Haiti. I have never seen anything like what I saw here today while driving through the pothole filled roads of Pourt Au Prince. It was pretty crazy to fly over miami, and see all sorts of beautiful homes, right on the ocean, a place swarming with luxury, then go on a two hour plane ride back in time. This next week is going to be pretty quiet around the Haitian queen, which is the house that I am staying at, but it's going to be a good time for me to get aquainted with the culture and how things work! I am excited to see what the future holds. God is good all the time.
-Justin

1 comment:

  1. Justin,
    You don't know us but we know the Queen and have heard you were going to Haiti. You will be in our prayers over the next couple months as you experience Haiti and all it has to offer. Enjoy Rosita's cooking and go as the Lord prompts you.
    Blessings
    Rob and Jackie Passer

    ReplyDelete