Monday, June 27, 2011

Straight Up Amazing People

As I continue my internship here in Haiti I am realizing more and more that the people here are straight up amazing people. It is a huge blessing to be able to get to know, laugh with, work next to, learn from and do crazy stuff with the Haitian guys I meet and have conversations with those who don't speak English. Leyley and Tison are doing excellent jobs tutoring me in Kreyole, and they are becoming good friends as they take us to their youth group, come over for dinner, and dance to some fine hip hop. The second team came and went. They were a fun group from Chicago. With them we worked on the wall, went to the orphanage, and started putting on a tin roof on a church.  After eating sugar cane, coconuts and mangos we said goodbye. The next team from Kansas, a team of twenty, came in to work with the Christian Ville organization. Coming up Brandon and I will be running the house by ourselves for a couple of days, should be a party. We are going to try and get in to the U. S. embassy for their 4th of July party, but we will see what happens I suppose. I also had the opportunity to skype my sisters wedding, which was awesome, congratulations to Jeremy and Chelsea Wicklund. God has been so generous to me here in Haiti, granting me many great experiences, and I am blessed to be able to continue to serve Him. So many adventures have been happening here, including riding a dump truck down a river and talking about Jesus with the Haitians. So far it has been an amazing trip!
Giving God the glory!
-justin

No comments:

Post a Comment